Saturday, February 23, 2008


Typical swedish food is pizza, kebab, hotdogs, hamburgers, and falafels (fastfood). Then there's the sandwiches for breakfast or kefir and cereal. On the sandwiches you would put ham and cheese in a tube, caviar in a tube with hard boiled eggs(see image), liverworst, ham or messmör. Then theres the swedish meatballs, potatoes with lingonsylt( lingon sauce) or shrimp salad. Of course theres the salmon and what not too. Then theres the treats like kanelbulla(see image) and kladkaka. I'm sure im forgetting stuff, but those are what i like.
YUMMMMM I love swedish food!!

2 comments:

Wulfgar said...

Sounds like you are having a good time in Sweden, Jenna! I was just noticing that a bunch of the foods that you described are very similar to some Norwegian foods that I have eaten. They are quite tasty.

Unknown said...

Hello. I just returned from a two week vacation in Sweden and I am missing the wonderful Swedish foods and came across your blog. You described all the foods that I enjoyed and missed. I especially miss the shrimp sandwiches with the hard boiled eggs. YUM. I can't wait to make some of these foods myself.